Identifying Fire Hazards In Your Home
Identifying Fire Hazards in Your Home
A home fire can occur in as little as two minutes. Identifying fire hazards in your home is a great way to help prevent fires from occurring.
- Whenever possible, unplug your electronics when not in use.
- Try to ensure that your appliances have their own outlets and use extension cords to reach more distant outlets.
- In the kitchen, check if your towel racks, paper towel dispensers or curtains are sitting too close to any cooking equipment.
- If your microwave isn’t built in, make sure that it is clear of clutter and its vents are not obstructed.
- Always keep anything that gives off heat at least 3 feet away from flammable materials or items.
- Do not plug more than one heating appliance into an outlet.
- Don’t leave candles burning or heating appliances plugged in while you’re asleep or when you leave your home.
- For laundry appliances, clean out the lint screen on your dryer every time you use it.
- Check for old magazines or newspapers in the attic. If stored in damp, warm places, these can self-combust even if not close to a heat source!
- Keep any gasoline or other flammable liquids at home tightly sealed in metal containers and make sure they are far away from heat sources such as gas or charcoal grills.
- Keep your grill least 10 feet from your home and placed away from any overhead branches or structures.
Contact Hero Fire Protection for a free fire safety assessment for your home. We are a full-service fire protection company in Hawaii dedicated in educating families about the devastating effects of home fires and other home safety issues.
Contact us today to get a FREE fire safety assessment and receive a FREE emergency kit.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Request Free Home Fire Safety Assessment
Request a free estimate. More...
- About HERO Fire Protection
It is our mission to educate as many families about the dangers of fires and the importance of being prepared. NOBODY ever plans on having a fire, but when it happens, it is best to be prepared. Premiere provider of home fire safety protection equipment, products and services. More...
- Contact Hero Fire Protection
Use the page to contact HERO Fire Protection. More...
- Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to frequently asked questions related for home fire safety solutions.
- Fire Protection Network Products
Micro-processors and RF modules to give your home a private network of wireless sensors, so if there is a fire danger in one room, you are alerted in every room of the home.
- Fire Protection Accessories
We offer state-of-the-art home fire safety products that are is the most reliable in the industry.
- Tips And Resources
Great auto and car tips and resources. More...